Thursday, June 28, 2007

je t'aime


i saw this movie last night. i love paris, so it undoubtedly follows that i'd enjoy it. but really, this is a sweet little movie, and i great idea for a project. it's made up of several shorts all by different directors, and none fall short, i think. one thing i noticed was a really quiet "whirring" noise played very softly throughout the whole film, stringing it all together subconsciously. it made me smile when i noticed it. proves that some of the best directors agree that there is function and psychology in something so almost inaudible, in ambient noise. anyway, take your wives, girlfriends, or parents to go see this one.

4 comments:

The Ubran Poetess said...

I didn't notice the whirring sound, but now that you point it out - I can sense it in my memory of the film.

I loved seeing the variety of takes on a common theme - especially from the directors I was more familiar with.

urban mama said...

I want to see this. I also like the picture of you. I watched Garden State again the other night and was wondering if people ever say that you remind them of Zach Braff (sp)?

amy said...

maybe the whirring noise was a theater malfunction.

this little sonic iceberg said...

people say i look like zach braff a lot.