Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the red ring of death



i know there are more important things in the world to be frustrated about, but when you move to a new city and resort to buying an xbox for lack of any friends, after awhile you grow quite attached to it. and when it's not even a year old and it suddenly kaputs, leaving you alone on the couch staring into your wall, potato chips mixing with the drool running down your face, it really sucks. especially when you've lost the receipt.

three red flashing lights on my xbox says that the hard drive is dead.
apparently, microsoft has had this happen so often that they have had to extend their warranty to three years and back-pay everybody who has had to pay for repairs. one guy on the internet has purchased 11 xboxes (nutcase?) and all of them have died.i wouldn't be too worried, but i lost the receipt and i HATE MYSELF for it.

on the flipside, during the time i've not had an xbox, my amount of reading as well as general productivity has upped amazingly. mysterious!
so i'm faced with a dilemma of great moral consequence. do i fix the thing, (because God knows Halo 3 is coming out in a couple of months!!!), or do i cut my losses, time and money, and move on with my life?

3 comments:

Brody Harper said...

fix it... i hate when electronics don't work... i freak out... by the time you get it fixed your habits will have balanced out and you can do both.

even though you probably didn't want actual advise... but i couldn't think of anything funny..

randy said...

well, i cant say much for the Xbox except that if you get the upgrade than you'll have a million games from all corners of the galaxy, seriously.

I got a PS2 instead and i think it was for the same reason. but know i find myself with these games that I dont really play that much, but I can watch movies on it so that cool.

Patty O said...

Hi, there, I'm Pat, and I liked your blog.

I'd say fix it! I know from the personal experience of having two roommates who played Halo in their sleep that the xBox is pretty addicting, but also pretty fun.