Thursday, August 16, 2007

first trip to the dentist in, say...7 years?


so i was plodding away at something on my computer a couple weeks back and unconsciously fingering some of my teeth when a good chunk of one came tumbling out of my mouth.
hmn.
first thoughts: my teeth are rotting. this is what i get for not having been to the dentist since before college.
and more importantly: i have no dental benefits or insurance.
and possibly more importantly than that: what have i been doing since college to have no dental benefits or insurance?

i made an appointment. cavities. but not too horrible, considering.

i had my tooth pulled out yesterday without the "gas".
when i entered the office, though, i stumbled onto an employee prayer meeting. they asked me if i needed prayer, so i made a request. i prayed with them before i signed in. that's kentucky for ya.
the tooth came out as a miracle- apparently i had such bent roots in it that the dentist would have never considered pulling it, and would have sent me to an oral $urgeon, had she known. i was still bracing for the pull after she had it in her hand. didn't know it had even happened. and it ended up being pretty cheap. hallelujah.

4 comments:

urban mama said...

That is really great. God does care about our little things.

emily* said...

I'm glad to hear that all is well. Love you, Kev.

randy said...

Im with you on this one Kevin only in the point that i havnt been in a really long time.

Ive never had anything that even resembled a tooth come out of my mouth since I was in elementary; apart from a piece of white rice.

all i know is that last time I went I closed my eyes as they cleaned and the lady was telling me about all the horrible things that can happen to my teeth and it started to sound like german and she started to look like a Nazi and I began to think that maybe she was torturing me for unknown reason.

Ive never been back...

Patty O said...

Hi, I'm Pat.

Yeah, the last time I was at the dentist, the nurse tried to freak me out telling me I had gum disease and it was serious thing. When I asked her how I could get rid of it, she was like "just make sure to floss on a regular basis." And when I asked her for how long, she said "a couple of days." So apparently, you can get rid of the horrible life-threatening gum disease in less than a week.